Power of the Purse (book)
Have you ever wondered:
- Will I have enough money for retirement, or, will I end up a bag lady?
- Will I know how to pay bills if a loved one has a catastrophic health challenge, or if I become chronically ill?
- If I lose my job, should I use up my 401K until I get a new job?
- What can I do when a family member tells me they’ll “handle” my finances and I don’t think they know what they’re doing?
- How can I manage if Mom needs to come live with me?
- How can I manage if my kids are out of work, lose their home, and ask me for money I can’t afford to give them?
- How would I survive if I had to go through a divorce?
Lynn S. Evans, CFP®, has dealt with hundreds of smart, talented women who were a whiz at work but “clueless” (their word) when it came to money. In this fascinating book, she takes you by the hand and talks you through financial issues every woman of a certain age needs to address. You’ll love the real-life examples of women just like you who often didn’t know what to do – or who to turn to – when it came to making major decisions regarding how to:
• create a life in retirement that takes the worry out of outliving their money
• protect their financial future and security when facing divorce
• take charge of their money before disaster strikes – whether that’s illness, widowhood, job loss or bankrupt children
• co-exist with a partner whose spending patterns are very different from yours
You’ll never have to feel alone again.
Better yet, you won’t have to worry about having to marry (if you don’t want to), move in with your kids because you have no other alternatives, or sell your soul for a roof over your head.
This book offers a unique approach by showing you how to get control of your finances and develop a happy, healthy relationship with your money.
Read it and reap.